PRESS RELEASE NO 002
Citizen’s Initiative: Invitation Letter to the United Nations Organisation
SCAPO informs the people of the former United Nations Trust Territory of the British Southern Cameroons of the new initiative which the party has taken to invite the United Nations into the Southern Cameroons for the purposes of
1) Supervising the peaceful withdrawal of the troops and pro-consuls of the Republic of Cameroon from the Southern Cameroons.
2) Setting up of a transitional administration of 2-3 years in the former UN Trust Territory of the British Southern Cameroons.
3) Drafting a Constitution for the former UN Trust Territory of the British Southern Cameroons.
4) Conducting a general election and handing the Territory to its elected leaders.
SCAPO is first and foremost the Southern Cameroons peoples Orgnisation, a political party representing all Southern Cameroonians. Southern Cameroonians who support this invitation are called upon to indicate by signing the endorsement form below. They should draw the attention of compatriots to this important exercise currently going on in Southern Cameroons and among Southern Cameroonians world-wide. Let no one dissuade you from signing this endorsement without giving you a better plan.
Those who support /endorse this invitation of the UN should note that one of the key things which the UN is being invited to do during the transitional administration in Southern Cameroons is to conduct a general election and to hand the territory to the elected leaders of the Southern Cameroons. They must therefore not contradict themselves afterwards by registering and participating in elections organized from Yaoundé. Credible voices of those who organized elections in Cameroons and now speaking from behind bars have told us that all along President Biya did not win those elections. We believe this story to be true because all over the world all those who win elections are people who go out to campaign for voter to vote for them but in Cameroon we have never seen President Biya out campaigning in any elections. It is now crystal clear to us in Southern Cameroons that Ni John Fru Ndi of the SDF has all along been the deprived winner of those elections and that all along President Biya has used the people of Southern Cameroons only to give credence to his claim of winning elections. What then is the point in participating in such elections? Endorse the UN invitation. When the UN comes, encourage all Southern Cameroonians to register in the election that will be free and fair and which will restore the statehood of the Southern Cameroons. If someone tells you that the United Nations will not come tell him not to speak for the United Nations. Do not quarrel or argue with him. Go ahead and sign the endorsement of the invitation of the United Nations.
For and on behalf of the SCAPO political party,
Dr. Kevin NGWANG GUMNE
– The Secretary General of the United Nations.
– The President of the UN Security Council.
– The Chairman of the African Union.
– The Chairman of the Peace and Security Council of the African Union.
– The Chairperson of the African Commission, Banjul, The Gambia.
– The Executive Secretary, ECOWAS.
– The Ambassador, United States Embassy, Yaounde.
– The Canadian High Commission, Yaoundé.
– The Ambassador, French Embassy, Yaoundé.
– The British High Commission, Yaoundé.
– The Ambassador, Russian Embassy, Yaoundé.
– The Ambassador, Embassy of the Peoples Republic of China, Yaoundé.
– The Nigerian High Commission, Yaoundé.
– All Political Parties with Headquarters in Southern Cameroons.
– All Political Parties of the Republic of the Cameroons.
– All Traditional Rulers of the Southern Cameroons.
– All Deputies of Southern Cameroons Origin in the National Assembly of La Republique du Cameroun.
– All Mayors of Southern Cameroons Local Government Areas.
– The Press, National and International.
ENDORSEMENT OF THE SOUTHERN CAMEROONS’
INVITATION TO THE UNITED NATIONS
REQUESTING THE SETTING UP OF A TRANSITIONAL
ADMINISTRATION IN SOUTHERN CAMEROONS
Powered by Facebook Comments