As of today, UNESCO has earlier said that all certificates from Cameroon for this academic year 2016/2017 shall not be recognized internationally. However, the power to declare the school year blank rest only with the Government of Cameroon. UNESCO has already taken its decision. This means that whether Paul Biya declares the school year blank or not, NO CERTIFICATE from Cameroon will be recognized internationally and therefore the school year is useless. La Republique is only playing with time to avoid an explosion in its own part of the country. Those going to school in French Cameroon are currently wasting their time. It is over. This is the time for us to start thinking seriously about reconstructing our statehood. Why La Republique is feet dragging is that they need 11th February to occur in West Cameroon because of its historical importance. Once 11th February boycott is effective, the regime will have no choice than to declare a blank school year ( declaring it or not does not even matter). The army may step in if Biya does not call an official dialogue as our sources reveal. Southern Cameroonians should, therefore, remain resolute.
Earlier in the day, the Consortium leaders wrote:
1. Today 27/01/2017 marks UNESCO 40 days that sum up the total number of study hours that if taken from the whole, will cause the declaration of a “blank” school year for the entire country.
2. After 11th February boycott, the blank school year becomes official. Citizens from La Republique will join the struggle officially and the game changes.
2. Parents in La Republique are already refusing to pay second installment school fees. They are getting ready.
3. Today is the dateline for GCE registration. Nothing has been done. GCE this year is off.
4. What do you do now? Keep spreading our information of Ghost towns next week Monday and Tuesday. Ask all to stay home and no school. Patience will get us there. Once we destroy the 11th February diabolic link, West Cameroon will begin claiming its statehood.